The coach’s responsibility is to :
- Discover, clarify and align with what the client wants to achieve.
- Encourage client self-discovery.
- Elicit client-generated solutions and strategies
- Hold the client responsible and accountable.
- How does it differ from Mentoring & Counselling?
The term mentor comes from the character, Mentor in Homer’s Odyssey. This character was the companion of Telemachus, Odysseus’ son a. As such, he can share his thoughts based on past situations he has faced. A mentor is someone who helps you grow your skills, make better decisions, and gain new perspectives on your life and career. As a mentee, your mentor will leverage their experience to give you guidance on your career or life now and in the future.
Counselling is generally associated more with therapy. The goal is to help the client resolve emotional or mental pain. A trained counsellor tend to work more with the client’s past issues to understand the psychological or physical symptoms.
In coaching, the coach avoids sharing his knowledge, opinions or experiences with the coachee. Coach exhibits curiosity and open-mindedness to help the coachee uncover his strengths, create awareness for the coachee to overcome challenges and helps him take the responsibility to achieve the outcome.
The coaching process helps clients improve their outlook on work and life while improving their leadership skills and unlocking their potential.
What are the benefits of partnering with a coach ?
Professional coaching brings a host of benefits, including fresh perspectives on personal and professional challenges, enhanced decision-making skills, and increased confidence.
Coaching can also have a powerful ripple effect, sparking transformation in your family, your community and your workplace.
According to respondents to a 2014 survey conducted by ICF and the Human Capital Institute, benefits of coaching cited by decision-makers in organizations using coaching included :
- Increased engagement
- Faster on-boarding
- Faster leadership development
- Increased emotional intelligence
- Improved team functioning
- Increased commitment
- Increased job satisfaction
Area we works in
- Coaching – Life and Business
- Transformational Leadership
- Leadership Development programmes for women
- Building strong leadership amongst Emerging Talent
- Team Coaching
- Emotional and Mental Wellbeing
- Bespoke workshops
- Executive Presence
Why are we different ?
When our clients dig deeper to understand themselves and recognize potential ought to be actualized, that’s what satisfies us. The first key step to harnessing internal strengths and improving weaknesses is self-awareness.
Are you in the phase of asking yourself these vital questions such as :
- What kind of leader am I now, and how can I be better ?
- What are my values? Do I react so strongly to change ?
- How do I accept what’s happening and focus on the task at hand ?
- Why am I always having a conflict with my colleague, and what common ground is there between us ?
“We design and facilitate customized training solutions that drive transformation, change and business growth. Wealso integrate workshop training with blended learning methods so that the training is effective and creates a positive impact for your organization. We assist individuals and micro businesses by helping them to discover, explore and achieve their future dreams.We are here to solve diverse problems of our clients whether that be related to financial freedom, work-life balance or adjusting with any change.”
Apply to join the Seagull network of coaches and mentors. Send us your details with your areas of expertise.
Looking for more information ?
Simply complete the short form and we will be in touch soon.
Thanks for stopping by !